Thursday 17 April 2014

March 2014 Violet Box Review

Good Evening Beauties,

This is my first ever review on a different subscription box I subscribed to in early March, Violet Box.

After hearing wonderful reviews from people about Violet Box I gave into temptation and redeemed a $5 voucher of my first month.

Violet box is also an Australian  beauty subscription.  It is $20 per month.

So... what did I get????

I received 3 Full Sized products and 2 samples.

Love Those Lashes New Silk Strip Lashes - "the jade" RRP $14.95 Full size
I love lashes and while I don't wear them all the time I am excited to try these lashes out. I havent as of yet but I can tell just by looking at the shape and length of them that I will love wearing them. The only thing I'm not fond of is the glue but its a personal preference.  I prefer the white glue as it doesn't make my eyes water when applying the lash. The clear glues tend to have a chemical that I don't like. I would probably buy these if I seen them online or in stores.


Starlooks Gem Pencil in Amethyst RRP $19.50 Full size
I have used this eyeliner pencil and it is very smooth, easy to apply and a beautiful shade. Im not sure I would pay full price but if I seen it on sale I would buy this again.

Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Island Coral RRP $4.95 Full size
Beautiful colour which is really similar to a dress I recently purchased so I'm excited to get some use out of it very soon. I did try it on one of my nails and its reasonably quick drying, very nice on the nail. Available in another 68 different colours so I may purchase in the future.


Accorelle Skincare Night Cream RRP $49.50 for 50ml Sample size of 2ml
This is a very very small sample. I tried it 2 nights in a row on my face and that was the whole sample.  It doesn't really have any scent and feels very soft on the skin.  It isn't too heavy  either,  which I find a lot of night creams are. Realistically I probably wouldn't buy a full size bottle because of the price.

Mirenesse Velvet Lip Lift Moisture shine in number 47 RRP $39.95 for 4.5g Sample size is 1.5g
I love the feel of this product on my lips.  It is so soft and smooth. They don't sell the lip lift anymore but none the less I love it. Pretty expensive lip gloss but I think as a sample this is amazing.


Over all I love ever single product in my violet box. I can definitely see what the hype was about.


Total value of about $45. I didn't even care about the value because I was so impressed.

In comparison to Bellabox this subscription has really shown me what I was missing out on.

Let me know what you think below.

Talk soon
J   xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment