Tuesday 29 April 2014

April 2014 Bella Box Review

Hey Girls

I hope you have enjoyed a nice extended Easter Weekend/Holiday. Unfortunately I have had to work but after a long day at work I got home to 2 packages on my doorstep.

The first thing I opened was my Bella Box which seems to be very late this month. I feel like I am the last person to receive it but after opening it I am able to forgive the delay (especially with the public holidays we have had).

I didn't have high expectations this month because last month was so ridiculously bad. It is still sitting on my shelf an I haven't touched it since I opened it. For $15 per month I don't think my expectations are too high to want at least 3 usable products.

So what did I get?????


Dirty Works You Soft Touch Hand Cream 100ml RRP $5.95 Full Size
As the biggest item in the box this month it was the first thing I picked up. I don't use hand creams as much as I should because as soft as my hands are they can get dry at times and working in an air conditioned environment I should try to keep one in my top draw. The product itself is very soft and smells so nice. It has cocoa butter and Jojoba oil in the formula so I will definitely be a fan. I know some people will be sick of hand creams but I love it.  Something I will use,  a brand I haven't previously tried and such a reasonable price. Thank you Bella box for a great start to my April box.

Burt's bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream RRP $14.95 FOR 17g Sample Size 8.5g
I received a sample of this cuticle butter about 2 weeks ago directly from Burt's Bees and I love it. I use it at least once a day. It smells exactly like the moment you squeeze a lemon.  It is so lovely on my cuticles and I have noticed a massive difference in my nail growth as well. I love this and have given my mum this sample because I have not stopped talking about it to her. I will be buying another one as soon as it is empty. Ladies, this is a must have essential.

Red Earth Lip Lustre Multidimensional Lip Glass in 01 Crimson Flicker RRP $16.00 Full Size
I have never used any Red Earth Products before so I am grateful for the opportunity to try new brands. The lip gloss has so much glitter and is very shiny. It is a little bit sticky when applied to the lips which I'm not a fan of. The colour is red but has slight pink undertones with fine orange shimmer and blue/purple glitter that you see in natural light. So it is multidimensional as it states in the product name. It has no real scent and a big applicator.
Realistically I probably wouldn't purchase this product only because I do have some pretty awesome lip glosses already that I love.

Indio Eye Rise RRP $67.20 for 15ml Sample size 5ml
Indio is another brand I have not yet come across so I was excited to see not one but two samples from them.  This eye cream is definitely a luxury beauty item considering it is more than $4 per ml. After reading the product card it explains that eye rise draws moisture to the eye tissue which plumps the area. Overall sounds amazing. I am very interested in trying this product over the next few weeks.
I can't see myself purchasing the product purely because of the price. I can't justify such a huge investment in 1 product but depending on how I find it over the next few weeks I may look into their other products on offer.

Indio Skin Tonic Spritz RRP $44 for 200ml Sample size 30ml
The second Indio product I received is another luxury beauty essential.  Again it is expensive and it is great to receive a sample to try. I have sprayed my face with it already as we do, sample every product as soon as we see it. It is very refreshing and light. It has a very lovely organic scent and I will be using it as a travel sized toner. I love that it is in a spritz bottle as it means I don't need any make up pads in my travel case.
Depending how I go I may purchase in the future.  I will do another review when I have finished using the bottle to explain further what I think after using it for a while.

Last thing included was a bonus Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation sampler which had 4 different shades in tiny samples. None of the included shades suited my skin as the lightest (shell) is very yellow.

So overall value this month topped $55 which is awesome value.
I am very happy with what I received as I will find a use for each item.


I would have loved the UV polish or Avon Mascara but I have already purchased the mascara since seeing it this month.

What were your thoughts? Have you tried these products before?

Once again, lots of love
J     xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment