Monday 21 April 2014

Lip Factory March 14 Review

Hey ladies,

I hope that you have all had a lovely Easter long weekend.  I have filled up on lots of chocolate and I am getting very excited for the April subscription boxes to arrive.

Today I am doing my last catch up review from March 2014 and will be reviewing on time from now on.

Lip Factory is currently my only international subscription.  It is unlike anything Australia has on offer.  You receive 5-6 full size products from many international brands and some brands I have already been familiar with.  It is USD$32.00 including postage for us Aussies but with the exchange rates I think I pay a little less.

So... what did I get??


Mirenesse Lip Bomb Glossy Lacquer Stain in shade 17 RRP $39.00 AUD Full Size
Before I let you know what I thought, I do need to mention that the lid on this product was broken when I received it. Lip Factory should be replacing it this month. It is a lovely natural/nude pink with tiny gold shimmer. It is a thick shiny consistency. I swatched it on my hand and when I washed it off 10 minutes later it had stained my skin so that is pretty impressive.  I'm not fond of the smell, to me it reminds me of playdoh, maybe that is because it has been open for who knows how long being broken or if that is just the smell of the product. I don't think I would purchase this product as I mentioned I don't like the smell and the price is a bit excessive when I can buy other brands of lip stain that I actually like for much less.

Jessie's Girl Vitamin E Treatment RRP $3.99 USD Full Size
This product is so silky smooth. I love the smell and the feel on the lips is nice. It is a colour-free lip treatment and is quite a heavy feeling on the lips but coming into winter in Australia this will be great to stop getting cracked lips in the windy extremes. I love that Jessie's Girl ships to Australia and the products are SO cheap.  I will definitely be purchasing from them in the not so distant future.

Jessie's Girl Lip Liner in shade "Naked" RRP $ 1.99 USD Full Size
While I don't think this product is suited to the shade name "naked" I do love the colour. It is a bold red/pink colour. Yet another product I absolutely love.  As I mentioned above I will definitely be purchasing more Jessie's Girl, for $1.99 it is great. The lip liner goes on smoothly and after using this product nearly everyday since I got it, I can say it outlasts my lipstick and stays on ALL day.


Ellovi Lip Butter RRP $5.00 AUD Full Size
This product is quite simply amazing. After reading on the product card that there is only 6 ingredients in the lip butter I was very curious.  It is certified vegan (which is great) and scent free. It goes on smoothly and has next to no shine which I great when you don't want too much or to put over a matte lip stain. It is light on the lips and a creamy texture. After visiting the Ellovi website they also have a body butter which sounds good also. They do ship to Australia and I may be inclined to purchase from them in future for now this should get me through the season.

Last but certainly not least. ..
Cargo Lip Gloss Quad in the shade Casablanca RRP $24.00 USD Full Size
I was suprised to receive a lip pallete that had 4 shades I love. After receiving other subscription boxes I kind of expect to get things that I don't like. This was the icing on the cake for a perfect box. They are very soft and only require a very small amount of product on the brush. While it isn't very portable requiring a lip brush I keep it in my at home beauty box and I have used it a few times already for a sheer gloss effect.


Total value this month over $70 AUD.


With this being my first Lip Factory box I am in Love. I don't think anything could make me un-subscribe.

What do you think?
Is there a box you couldn't give up?
Let me know in the comments below.

Lots of Love,
J   xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment