Thursday 17 April 2014

March 2014 Bellabox Review

Hey ladies,

First of all. .. Happy Easter Long weekend... I am so happy to have 4 days off...

On a more beauty related topic.. I have another subscription review to show you. 

Today I will be catching up from March 2014. The first box I received for the month was Bellabox. 

As I mentioned last post Bellabox is $15 per month.

The theme this month was "Beauty Diaries".

I must admit it didn't sound too exciting to me but I'm always trying to stay positive. 

So... what did I get??????
I received 2 full sized products and 3 samples.

The item that caused the biggest fuss this month was the lipstick.
ModelCo Party Proof Matte Lipstick in colour "Vanity Fair" RRP $16.95 Full size
Well needless to say I was disappointed.  More than disappointed really. It is a very dark brown, chocolate colour. I did a colour swatch on my hand and as you can imagine it is not a colour I would ever use. What I really didn't like is that Bellabox has a beauty profile questionnaire that you complete when subscribing explaining a little about your beauty needs. For example I have that I have fair skin, blue eyes, blonde hair and I like pale pink and nude colours. I cannot imagine how they have even considered any of these details. I ended up giving this product away as it was unusable to me. It was such a shame as there was around 15-20 shades and I literally could have used any other colour.

Coconut Revolution Lip Pot RRP $7.95 Full size
I didn't mind this product. I personally don't really like the smell and I'm not sure why because I love coconut scented everything.  For this reason I used it when I opened it and havent touched it again since.

Pantene Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner RRP $7.99 Each for 350ml Sample size is 40ml each.
I had already purchased both prior to receiving this sample. I love the fruity smell and the formula works wonders on my blonde hair. There is also a hair treatment in the Aqua light range. I will definitely be purchasing both items again in future and I am always recommending them to friends and family. On Bellabox facebook page Soooooo many people were upset about this sample pack. Let me know what you think??

St Tropez Gradual Tan in Medium/Dark RRP $33.95 for 200ml Sample size 30ml
Again back to my beauty profile I have fair skin. I have absolutely no interest in having a tan. Real or Fake. I have not used this product and I am still trying to find someone to give it to. 

Lastly.. Wotnot Facial Wipes -Green RRP $7.95 for 25 wipes. Sample pack contains 5 wipes
These wipes are great and I have already purchased more. They are different to other brands I have tried previously in that they are wetter with more makeup removing/cleansing product. They smell very yummy and leave your face feeling refreshed. No oily or sticky feeling. I am very happy with the inclusion of these in this bellabox.

Overall I was disappointed.  There were two sample sized products that I liked and everything else was not great.

Total value of the box is somewhere around $30-35 which is technically more than what I paid but nowhere near the Feb 14 box I loved. 


I am looking forward to receiving my April box. I have just seen the first batch unboxing videos on youtube and I am in for a treat :-) 

Let me know in the comments what your thoughts are :-)

Lots of Love
J   xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment