Tuesday 22 April 2014

April 2014 Violet Box Review

Hey beautiful ladies,

So I just got home to find a parcel on my doorstep.  Thanks to the wonderful invention of the internet and Australia Post's tracking service I already knew this was my April Violet box.

Enough of that... what did I get???


Teeez Trend Cosmetics Chain of Stones Nail Lacquer in shade Melted Copper RRP $ 15.00 Full Size
I can't believe how nice this colour is.  It is a part of their holographic range of nail polishes. It has very very fine rainbow glitter.  While I would normally buy bright bold colour this is unlike any other colour I own. I am excited to see if everyone receives this colour because im sure you will all love it.

Cedel Scented Hairspray in Oriental Blossom RRP $ 4.99 Full Size
I have never used a scented hairspray and I am very interested to try it out tomorrow for work. I quickly sprayed my hair just now and it is a strong hold, I'm personally not a fan of the Oriental Blossom scent but looking on the product card I can see it comes in Raspberry Punch which I can see myself buying. I'm not too sure where you can buy this as it is not available on their website but if you know let me know in the comments below id love to get the raspberry one :-) Also kudos on the packaging,  very chic.

Villainess Dulces en Fuego Whipped! Body Creme RRP $ 15.00 FOR 170g  Sample Size maybe 10-20g
I have been looking at Villainess Soaps for a few weeks now. After receiving this sample I can see it is a great formula which is very soft on my skin. The directions state to put the product on dry spots so I will be using it sparingly. I cant really put my finger on exactly what it smells like. Looking at the product card it explains it is a citrus spiced with black pepper and nutmeg.  I would prefer something abit more fruity as it is very strong. If I was going to purchase from the brand it wouldn't be this product.

Be a Bombshell Eyeliner in shade Espresso RRP $19.00 Full Size
This is my first ever brown eyeliner. I am not normally interested in the look of brown around my eyes but recently watched a tutorial on youtube and decided I had to have one. Well my prayers have been answered.  The liquid eyeliner pen is extremely pigmented and has a fine point to it. I swatched the eyeliner on my hand and after 30 seconds you cannot rub it off at all. It doesn't say if it is waterproof but only after putting make up remover on it could I get it off my hand. I am very impressed and will have to try it abit longer before I make an informed decision as to exactly how much I like it. I will let you know in a future post how I go.

Bioderma Crealine H20 RRP $19.95 FOR 100Ml Sample Size 20ml
Due to the packaging being in a different language I had no idea what this was without reading the product card. It is a fragrance free cleansing make up remover. It is in fact completely fragrance free and just looks like water. I used this to remove the Be a Bombshell eyeliner with this and it works as well as any other make up remover I currently own. It is a decent sample size and if I seen it on sale I might buy it in future.

Over all in my second month with Violet Box I am very impressed yet again. With a total value of about $ 45 I am very happy. I have received items I can actually use and I would normally not buy. So Violet box is pushing me a little outside my comfort zone but you know what? I like it.

As promised the back of the product card has the sneak peak at next month... read on if you dare...


Let me know what you thought about your Violet Box in the comments below.


lots of love

J     XOXO


3 comments:

  1. I got the raspberry punch and it smells like red cordial... not nice at all!

    Give the Villainess creme a go, I felt the same way about the scent being strong but it settled down once applied to the skin... I'd still only put it on of an evening once I was home for the night and not going out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok maybe I didn't think the hairspray through... red cordial hair Is probably not the best idea...
    I did use the cream last night on a few dry spots and its has improved slightly so I do like it. I think I would like their soaps more than the cream though. I can't even smell the citrus. Is that just me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got very similar stuff to yours btw i nominated you for Liebster award you can check it out here http://makeupmeandyoyo.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/liebster-award-2.html

    ReplyDelete