Monday 23 June 2014

Red Paw Paw June 2014 Review

Hey Girlies,

I have to start by apologizing, I did get last months box and had full intention of posting it but by the time I got to take pictures my family had already eaten half of the goodies. Also, I know this isn't beauty related but I just had to share it.

So we write off last month and start fresh with the June Paw Paw box. For anyone who doesn't already know the box is $5 if you are happy to complete a survey and $10 if you just want the box. The survey is about 3 questions per item so it takes about 5-10 minutes max. It is a monthly subscription and really great value. The only issue is that they have very selective areas that they will deliver to so double check their list if you are interested.

So what did I get???



1. Gravox Chargrilled Beef & Riverina Merlot Gravy 160g
Coles RRP $3.80    Woolworths doesn't stock it online. Approx $3.80 

A Premix Beef Gravy Sachet with Riviera Merlot. This product must be very new as Woolworths didn't stock it in their online store so I have taken an educated guess that it will be around the same price as Coles. I don't use beef gravy myself but my brother loves it and so does my mum so i'm sure this will be gone in the next week. I'll give you an update in my next months box on how they found it.,

2. Ovaltine Cold Crunch Malt Drink 320g
Coles RRP $5.27    Woolworths RRP $4.93
Ahhh Ovaltine... I have fond memories of eating ovaltines when I was younger and making hot chocolate with them. I wasn't aware that they had a new product but will be tasting this one very soon. I have a feeling it is going to be a similar product to Milo.

3. Uncle Tobys Crunchy Triangles 14g
Coles RRP $0.43    Woolworths RRP $0.43 ON SALE FOR $0.30 ($3.00 for 10 pack)
This is a single packet and is sold in 10 packs. They are biscuits with a chocolate filling. I can see that kids would love these. perfect for kids lunches and portion controlled. Quite an affordable kids snack.
They can be found in the muesli bar aisle.

4. White Wings Real Blueberry & Buttermilk Pancake Mix 370g
Coles RRP $5.50 ON SALE FOR $3.00    Woolworths RRP $5.36
This product is very exciting. I love baking and as easy as pancakes are to make from scratch I am a lazy butt and never make them. It is a part of their new range of Black Label Pancake mixes. I seen they have a chocolate chip mix and I think the other variety was plain buttermilk. I will make them and give you some picture in the next post. Definitely need some fresh blueberries to put on top.
The pack says that it makes 15.

5. SPC Spaghetti in Tomato & Cheese with Sneaky Veg sauce 220g
Coles RRP $1.21    Woolworths RRP $1.08
I love spaghetti on toast for a quick and easy breakfast. This is an original product with new packaging branded towards being 100% Aussie Made. I know I will use this. Maybe for breakfast tomorrow.

6. Goulburn Valley Australian Peaches in Coconut Water 170g
Coles RRP $2.17    Woolworths RRP $ 2.14
I really don't like peaches. I have never liked peaches. Lucky everybody else I know does. This is a new range Goulburn Valley have released in coconut water. I can imagine it would be a more refreshing snack as opposed to being in syrup. If my mum doesn't steal it I might give it to my partner. He loves peaches and coconut water so i'm sure he would love it.

7. Uncle Tobys Oats Quick Sachets Creamy Honey 4 x 35g
Coles RRP $1.80    Woolworths RRP $1.79
These are a staple for me when I am on early shift for work. I don't have time to eat breakfast at 5AM so I can take some to work and put them in my desk draw. I haven't tried the Honey Flavour so I will really enjoy them next week. Yummy :)

8. Adriano Zumbo Choc Raspberry Macaron Mix 335g
Coles RRP $8.79    Woolworths RRP $8.76
I am slightly obsessed with Adriano Zumbo since I seen him on the first season of Masterchef. I have made his macaron mix before in the salted caramel flavor and they worked very successfully. They are so nice but I found I made them abit small so you can be generous when piping it out. There are several secrets to making perfect macarons, so they are not really for beginner bakers unless you put some time into watching some Youtube videos first.
The first batch I made were ok but the second batch were AMAZING!! The pack gives great, easy to understand directions and made about 30 slightly undersized macarons. If you didn't get the box this month I still recommend giving them a go.
Here is a picture of my first attempt at the caramel ones:


9. Nescafe AZERA Smooth Coffee 85g
Coles RRP $10.99    Woolworths RRP $10.74
I don't drink coffee but I know how much my mum LOVES this coffee. She has always been a Blend 43 drinker and would never drink anything else. She received a sample of this at her work and has since bought a jar for home. Now she has another jar. She hasn't shut up about it all week so she will be glad to see she has some more. It is quite expensive but most coffee is these days. If you like Blend 43 maybe give it a go.


So I am very excited to see so many full sized products this month. Even though I don't like or wont use all of them, when you consider what you can get for $5 these days I have done Exceptionally well. Even if I only use the Macaron mix I have made my money back already. I will have about 2-3 weeks before I have to submit the survey so I have lots of time to try them. It's great value as you can see:
Coles Total Value $39.96
Woolworths Total Value $39.03

It is a great opportunity to try new things and chances are there is something for everyone in your household.

What are your thoughts?

Have you tried anything here yet?

Keep me posted

J   xxx

2 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I'm loving this new sub box! I also don't drink coffee (can't stand the crap) so I gave mine to my dad. I can't believe how much it is though! Whoa!
    I got the apple and cinnamon pancakes. I can't wait to try them. My 4yo loves pancakes, so I think I know what we're having for breakfast tomorrow! Lol. I'm also trying to get my 4yo into porridge at the moment (he only ever eats weetbix or rice bubbles for brekky...or pancakes, when I make them! Lol), so was very excited to see the porridge sachets in there this month. If he decides he doesn't like them, I know I will as I've really got back into porridge since trying to get my son onto it. Call it, rediscovering an old friend! Lol. I also got the caramalised onion and balsamic vinegar gravy. I'm really looking forward to trying everything this month! So much yummy goodness in a red and white box and for only $5.....how can you go wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing value and I'm so glad I signed up when I did because they are at capacity now with a waiting list. There is such a wide range of products and you get a decent amount so you will get to try it properly.
    I'm sure your son will love the ovaltine drink and the uncle tobys snacks.
    Porridge is great to start a winters day and I love the sweeter porridge so I know I will love the honey.
    Did you get the macaron mix too?

    ReplyDelete