Wednesday 2 July 2014

BeautyJoint Haul July 2014

Hey gorgeous girls,

I am so happy to bring you my review on these products. I am an impulse buyer and this purchase was spare of the moment but one of my best.

I have been watching heaps of beauty related youtube videos as i'm sure you all do. Everyone raves about elf. I haven't tried it before and had to have some. So I looked at a few different websites online and decided on Beautyjoint.com because of the pricing, variety and cheap shipping to Australia.

So enough of that, What did I get????

I have to point out how great the packaging was. There is no chance anything could have broken, it was all individually wrapped in bubble wrap, then wrapped all together in bubble wrap, then put in a bubble wrap padded envelope and then put in another bubble wrap padded envelope. Well Done!! I have never seen anything like it.

 
So here is a quick look at the items I got. Total cost $72.07 AUD
 
 
1. e.l.f. Studio Make Up Mist & Set in shade Clear $3.99 (RRP$8.00)

 
So I have never used any brand of setting spray which makes this product even more exciting. It is a decent size and price. It is a pump spray pack that in my opinion disperses the product very unevenly. It is very liquidy so you definitely need to rub it in or spray from very far away. I swatched some of the products on my hand last night and used the setting spray over the top. I have been at work for 10hrs today and tonight the swatches are still perfect so it seems to have worked exactly how you would want it to. It contains Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A,C and E which are all things I love in my products so a big plus and it smells like cucumber so I'm very happy. Whilst I haven't tried it on my face all day from what I can see this will have to be a part of my makeup regime. Ladies I love this!!!
 
 
2. e.l.f. Studio Acne Fighting Foundation in Shade Porcelain $7.99  (RRP $12.00)
 
This product was the whole reason I wanted to finally give e.l.f. a try. I do not have issues with acne or scarring but I am very interested in the high coverage it provides as I do have redness on my cheeks. I chose the lightest colour porcelain as I am very pale. It is a yellow undertone whereas I would normally use a pink undertone but I have used my lightest powder foundation over the top and it is a great colour for me. It is very thick so a little product goes a very long way. It is great packaging so you have full control over how much product comes out as opposed to a pump pack where you have no control. It is full coverage and I look forward to using it for a week or so to get a real idea of how well it wears. I did buy 3 of them so hopefully it is good haha.
 
I have swatched, smoothed and blended below.


3. Jordana 12 Hr Made to Last Liquid Eye Liner Pencils in shades AQUA Stone and JADE Jewel $2.79 each (RRP $2.49USD)

I love coloured eyeliners and these are the softest, smoothest and most buttery formula I have ever used. I swatched as you can see below and they didn't budge. They state that they last 12 hrs so I will be testing that very soon. Loved the Aqua shade but Jade Jewel is much darker than it showed online. I will use it either way because I love the formula but I was looking forward to the bright green colour.


4. Milani Illuminating Face Powder in shade Amber Nectar $9.59 (RRP $9.49USD )

I hadn't heard anything about this product but I must admit it is very cute. As I mentioned earlier I am an impulse buyer and this one was definitely bought under impulse. It is gorgeous and so soft. It isn't as bright as you would think by looking at it. It is illuminating and not actually very pigmented which I do like. It has a very slight peach colour but will be great for highlighting. The packaging is amazing too.


5. Wet n Wild CoverAll in shade Fair $3.99 (RRP $3.49 USD )

This product was very disappointing. I read some great reviews but now I have it and I have swatched it is doesn't really do much. Upon first applying it to my hand it seemed like a great consistency for a concealer but as soon as you blend it, it disappears. I specifically put it over a freckle to see what the coverage was like and coverage is 0%. You wouldn't even know I had anything on my hand which is not why I wear concealer. Over all disappointing.


6. e.l.f. Studio Baked Bronzer in shade St Lucia $3.99 (RRP $8.00)

I love this colour. It is soft and subtle. I hate really brown bronzers as I have very fair skin, this colour is more of a warm orange. It has great colour pay off and a beautiful shimmer to it. I love baked eyeshadows, bronzers and blushes so I will get lots of use out of this. I still can' believe its so cheap. Decent bronzers are usually at least $15-20, e.l.f. is so affordable.


7. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge $7.49 (RRP $6.00USD)

While I now know I didn't get the greatest deal on this product I am just glad I decided to get it. I stopped using sponges ages ago and started using brushes. I have watched reviews and tutorials on this sponge and the beauty blender and I had to have one. I haven't used it yet but will be using it this weekend to see the difference. Also, i'm looking forward to seeing how it goes wet.
Any tips ladies? I'd love to hear how you use yours?


8. Wet n Wild Color Icon Glitter in shades Brass and Bleached $2.75 each (RRP $5.35 each)

I can never have too many glitters. Two very usable colours. They are a gel formula with big glitter chunks. I will have to do a tutorial soon. Great value and they have 8 different colours available.


9. e.l.f. Essential Eyelid Primer in shades Pearl and Sheer $1.99 each (RRP $3.00)

How have I lived my teen/adult life without these. They are gorgeous, im so happy with my colour choices. The Pearl is so beautifully iridescent and when I put eyeshadow on top it blended so well. The sheer is almost like a concealer for your eyelids. They aren't a thick consistency, instead it is very watery with great coverage. It is not sticky and they don't have that plastic smell some primers have.
Great price, I will 100% be repurchasing.



Over All I am so impressed. Shipping took just over a week from USA to Sydney Australia and cost $15.
The products are great quality and I am so excited to give them all a go over the next week.

Have you tried anything I bought? What did you think?

Do you have any must have beauty essentials I should try?

Whats your favourite?

Lots of Love

J  xxxx

2 comments:

  1. I actually prefer my ELF setting spray over my Urban Decay setting spray! The eyelid primers are dope, wet'n'wild products are so hit and miss. They have some really good products and some REALLY bad products. I have a beauty blender too but actually prefer my stippling brush because it gives a really dewy beautiful finish. A product I would recommend is the Jesse's Girl waterproof liner pen. It's like a calligraphy pen so you can draw a beautiful, smooth line. https://www.jessesgirlcosmetics.com/product/liquid-eyeliner/liquid-eyeliner-black-454

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback Erica. I do have 3 jessies girl products and they are pretty great but we dont have them in Australia so that will be another online order haha I have heard their lip products are great too.
    Have you used the beauty blender wet?

    ReplyDelete