Tuesday 6 May 2014

Lip Factory April 2014

Hey Girls,

So it is now the month of May and I have just received my April Lip Factory box. I am completely understanding of the delay as it is being shipped internationally and we had 3 public holidays at the end of April.

So the theme for April 14 is "Welcome Spring". In Australia it is Winter but I will enjoy the items just as much.

Before I let you know what I got I must mention I was supposed to receive two replacements from last month.  I received a personalized email with my tracking number stating that the Jessie's Girl Vitamin E Treatment would be in my box this month and the Mirenesse Lip Bomb was still out of stock at this stage. I received neither and have emailed tonight to try and sort this out.

So... What did I get??


1. Ofra Lipstick in shade Juicy (#107) RRP $13 USD Full Size
First of all, I love this colour!!! It is a gorgeous pink/peach colour it looks much brighter in the photos. Is is low sheen and very smooth. After swatching it on my hand it was very difficult to remove so I think it was have a longwear/stain effect, which I love. I looked up the Ofra website to find out my colours name and they have a huge selection with some really lovely colours. I will definitely be purchasing more in the future.

2. Color Club Nail Polish in shade Earthy Angel RRP $8USD Full Size 15ml
This normally wouldn't be my first colour choice as I wear bright nail polish and recently have purchased some new pastel Gel Polishes for my UV set. But after putting it on I can see myself wearing it more than I thought. It is a very natural earthy brown colour and this would be very versatile. I used it on my nail to show you and it is super fast drying and doesn't show any streaks from application.
I probably won't be purchasing more only because I love my UV polish set and would prefer to invest in more gel polishes.

3. NYX Butter Gloss in shade Raspberry Tart RRP $5 USD Full Size 8ml
I think this is possibly my new favourite product. I love the colour, a purple with a slight pink undertone and it is so soft. It is not sticky at all and is sheer to medium coverage. Now the smell... it is a mix of all the sweeter things in life ice-cream, cookies, cupcakes, candy, strawberry milk etc. I absolutely love it.
I am already looking where to purchase the whole range as I think I really need them and ladies if you have the opportunity I would 100% recommend everybody try it at least once.

4. Be a Bombshell Eye Crayon in shade Fetish RRP $14USD Full Size 2.5g
I was introduced to Be a Bombshell through Violet Box and I loved their liquid eyeliner and now I have 2 new products to try. The eye crayon is so highly pigmented and smooth on the skin. It blends easily and is such a fun, playful purple shade. I am excited to try it properly when I get a chance to really mix it and create a new look. I will show you how it turns out when I blend it out more on my eyes.

5. Be a Bombshell Eye Shadow in shade Tease RRP $ 14USD Full Size 1.5g
This is the second product this month from this brand and another impressive inclusion.  It is a lovely light green with a silver shimmer. It is not as highly pigmented as some of the other brands I have but I can already see myself using it as it is a very light colour. It suits the Spring theme perfectly.  I would consider purchasing another colour if I were able to purchase from their website but at this stage they do not ship to Australia.

6. Jessie's Girl Kohl Eyeliner in shade Black RRP $1.99USD Full Size 1.8g
I loved last month's lip liner from Jessie's Girl and this eyeliner is another great product. It is such a nice eyeliner and so cheap. It is very smooth when I swatched it and I love the sharpener in the lip. They have a huge selection on their website and they ship to Australia.  I will be ordering from them soon.

As always another amazing month with Lip Factory! I can't wait to see how they plan to top it next month.

Over all value is over $55USD which is great value and considering that I will use every product this is again my favourite subscription box.

So ladies... what do you think? How did my colour selection compare to what you received?
What was your favourite product this month?

Can't wait to hear from you :-)

Lots of love

J    xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I recieved the same colour Ofra lippie, but also a hot pink buttergloss and a hot pink nail polish *sad face* because my profile says "no hot pinks". LF have been great in replacing those item for other colours, however I recieved my replacements a few days ago minus the ofra lippie! I emailed them again and they've now sent the ofra lippie. My eyeliner is navy, which I really like. My be a bombshell eye crayon is in "black jack", which is just as it sounds - black! I'll have to learn how to do a smokey eye or something, otherwise what do I do with it? Lol. My eyeshadow is silver. Hopefully the May box will be just as fabulous! Great review!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got very similar colors, I got the same brown nail polish and I really like it, not something I would buy myself but on my nails it looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  3. My local target (Australia!) carries NYX. I must say, I wasnt over enthused by the brown nail polish though, not my thing! It just makes my hands look anemic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I will be visiting Target then :-)

    ReplyDelete