Saturday 2 August 2014

Bellabox July 2014 Review

Hi Gorgeous People,

So just a quick update, after the last mix up with my May Lip Factory getting lost by Australia Post and the replacement not arriving till early July, my June Lip Factory tracking stated that it was returned to Sender. I contacted LF and they said they would send a replacement yesterday, now I have arrived home tonight and it was on my doorstep. I have sent them an email but i'd say they will already have sent it. So needless to say my June box will be reviewed next but I received Bellabox first, so its only right I review it first.

Sooooooo.... What did I get????
Theme: American Beauty



1. YU-BE Moisturizing Skin Cream RRP $34.95 for 70g Sample Size 3ml

I have received two of these samples in swaps I have done previously. I did open one to try it and unfortunately I didn't like it. It smelt similar to bleach and I was not going to put that on my skin for obvious reasons. I have heard that other people like it so maybe I just got a bad sample but I won't be trying this one. I am a little confused as to why this was included as it clearly states on the card that it is from Japan and this is an American box and it is a very small sample so I'm sure if you actually wanted to try it that it would be disappointing only getting one possibly two uses out of it.

2. Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquer in shade "Lips are Dripping Honey" RRP $12.95 Full Size 15ml
This was one of the featured products this month and I was hoping that I didn't get it but I did and I am at least happy I got a colour I will use. It is a clear polis with large gold and silver glitters. I tested it over my gel polish and am pleased to say that it lasted the whole week until I took the polish of. It is very glittery and as you know from previous reviews I love glitter. Swatch below.

Also: Not sure why it is Nicole by OPI and packaging on the lid says Carrie Underwood? If you know why please let me know in the comments below.


3. Dermadoctor KP Duty Lotion RRP $49.00 for 113g Sample Size 30ml
So seeing this product I was a little underwhelmed thinking it was just another moisturizer sample and how many does a girl want to receive but I tried it and it is much better than a lot of moisturizers. It is more of a treatment, it is very oily and thick so would be great in winter to hydrate your dry skin. Mum used it this week and has put it in her handbag. She loves it and from my one use I did too. Would I repurchase, definitely!! It is worth every cent.

4. Designer Brands Lip Butter - Coconut RRP $4.99 Full Size 10ml
I have heard on facebook that a lot of peoples lip butter samples were off/no good but I opened mine and it is fine. It doesn't smell much lip coconut but it is not unpleasant. It is hydrating and smooth on the lips and a decent price. I probably wouldn't repurchase only because I prefer gloss over lip butter but it is a great sample.


5. Anastasia Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat RRP $39.00 for 5.3g Sample Size 3.2g
I am so confused by this product. It says it is to be applied over the top of your regular mascara to make it waterproof. Why would you not just use a waterproof mascara??? For $39.00 I can not understand why anyone would need this product. If it was a clear mascara I can understand that but to market and brand it as a "Clear Waterproof Topcoat" makes me wonder who they are marketing to. Either way I did use it and it is alright but smells very plastic almost like playdough?? I will not be repurchasing I will just buy waterproof mascara and wouldn't suggest you waste your money as it's nothing special unfortunately.


Bonus - StriVectin EV Get Even Brightening Serum RRP $89.00 for 50ml Sample Size 1ml
As everyone knows im not a fan of foil sachets and this is no exception. It's 1ml and I probably wont use it.

So the overall value this month is $57.75. Which is pretty good for Bellabox. The products this month were abit hit and miss but I did get 3 products I will use. Bellabox isn't really improving they are kind of always just scraping through. I am considering not continueing because I still after several months haven't had a box just blow me away like the other subscriptions have. Im still considering it.

What do you think?

Have you had an amazing Bellabox yet?

What is your opinion on the Mascara Topcoat?

Let me know ladies :)

Lots of Love

J xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Carrie Underwood's name is probably on the Nicole for OPI Nail Lacquer because she collaborated with them while she was on broadway in the USA. That's just my guess. :) Regardless of the reason, you did receive a pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete